Monday, July 8, 2013

This love...

I'm not one to read religious books or self help.  Just not my thing.  But just now started reading Mother Teresa:  No Greater Love.  This is one lady I can really get behind.  Love is her thing.  Love is something that is such a huge part of my life and really dictates much of what I do.  I feel I have such great empathy, which is both good and bad.  Too much of it takes such an emotional toll.  But is good to be able to connect with people and help in some way.  I am hoping this book might shed some light on how to manage "love," if that is possible, and use it for good.  I don't want love to hurt anyone and right now especially me.

Lately I have been feeling very selfish and focused on me and I don't like that.  Maybe the answer and path to happiness lies in turning your thoughts to others and how you can help them.  But, having had experiences in helping others that have gone super sour, I'm not sure.  After being burned a few times its hard to do it again.  But I think Mother Teresa will have something to say on that subject.  We will see.

Love is so complicated yet so simple.

Love each other as God loves each one of you, with an intense and particular love.
Be kind to each other:  It is better to commit faults with gentleness, than to work miracles with unkindness.

                            - Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment